Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Yearly Church Visit

I went to our church (well my parent's) on Christmas Eve. Midnight candlelit service. Beautiful old church that's right out of the DaVinci code.

Thing was, the sermon was about the Koran (!). It was great, all about how Islam respects Christianity and how Christians should also respect Islam.

Me, I'm an atheist, but I'm a fan of religion. For example, I prefer to go to mosques in Indonesia than pubs, prefer to go to Confuscian temples than malls.

That sermon was another example of why I am a fan of religion -- it's essentially such a /human/ thing, and at it's best it's so welcoming and inclusive.

Anyway that was a good start to my Christmas, happy Christmas everyone!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, what we talked about was a good intro then:)